Sunday, May 4, 2008

Hello

I wanted to start out my first attempted at a Blog with something witty and attention grabbing, but I don't think will be the case. Here it is 1 am in the morning and I can't sleep. Not that I had any trouble getting to sleep, not with the beautiful music my husband serenades me nightly with, he is quite a talented snorer. Nor was it the comfort that my 2 cats and tiny Chihuahua give me resting on my feet and legs. I am quite use to all that and have come to sleep just fine and I find I can't sleep if any of the nightly routines are missing. No what woke me was that someone at 12 midnight has the nerve to come knock on my front door. A someone we don't know, who was in a red older van. A male someone, make that 2 male someone’s one stayed in the van while one came and knocked on the door 2 is all I saw may have been more. Who in there right mind would do something like that? Now you may ask "they may have been in trouble and needed to use the phone.” Will to that I say across the street is an Assisted Living right down the street is a drug store both of which had pay phones. So why wake up a perfect stranger. I stop my husband from singing to me and have him go see what is going on while I look out the window. He is blind as a bat without his glasses which he didn’t put on and comes back saying “I don't see any thing.” He goes back to serenading me again. The only reason I can come up with of why a perfect strange who can't be all that bright chose to come knock on my door at midnight is; we have been cleaning and moving things around since the birth of my 2nd son and we have this old HEAVY floor model TV we moved to the street yesterday. It set out there all day and all night and all day today still there now. We are waiting for help to lift it in hubby's truck on Monday or till it just disappeared which ever comes first. It is by the curb you want it take it, but for goodness sake don't bang on someone’s door at midnight to ask “Hey can I have that TV on the curb.” This day and time with all the home invasions you can give someone a heart a attack, have the cops called on you or worse case have your head blown off by someone thinking you have come to rob them. I live in a small town where the streets roll up after dark so for someone to knock on your door after midnight they are either up to no good, Drunk, or if they do know you and you know them someone in the family needs help and they can't get you on the phone. Since we didn't know this guys we didn't answer the door, and had my hand on the button to call the cops. So now I laying here listen to ever bump and crackle jerking at every car sound thinking that they may come back. Thanks a lot who ever you were.

1 comment:

Marsha Loftis said...

I would be wary of people knocking on my door late at night too. that is really weird. I currently live in Arizona. There have been three home envasions in my community in the last month.Luckily, if anyone did attempt to enter my house my two dogs would make a meal of them.